Thread: Envoy 2019
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 12:56 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

You are over thinking this way too much and this is NOT some sort of negotiation tactic. If I am waiting 4 hours or someone even mentions sleeping on a hotel couch, I am calling in fatigued. It is not our problem nor our job to secure proper hotel arrangements.

I understand that when the weather turns there will be some delays, but those delays need to be reasonable. CS needs to make sure it is expedited so that we can get to sleep and no crew should ever accept a time that isnt going to provide them adequate rest.

Just because we legally can fly with 8 hours behind the door doesn't mean you are physically ready to fly in all circumstances. If you have been stressing over a room for 2.5 hours, dealing with crew members that are ****ed, you are likely not going to hit the pillow and pass right out for eight hours.

In addition, you need adequate time to shower and take care of personal hygiene/biological needs. I believe 30 min is the number they shoot for with this.

Lastly, just remember, the passengers safety depends on you being alert and mentally ready to handle any situation that comes your way. If you are tired and didn't get the rest YOUR body needs, call fatigued. Please dont abuse the system, but use it when it needs to be used.

Sorry for the long post, but there are too many pilots shouldering the responsibility of getting a room and subsequently flying fatigued. Your future and the safety of our passengers is worth more than that.