Thread: July 8/9 class
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 09:57 PM
flyguy23
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by FrontSeat2 View Post
yes there is....it is written by lawyers for lawyers....it is the most confusing document we have to reference and that is including all the IT bs that we have to sift through everyday....I rather try to figure out my CQ on UPS U before referencing the contract.

There are guys here retiring after 30 plus years that can't tell you how something should be even after reading it.

At most legacy brand X's the contract is written clearer.

Ask 4 pilots on the 400 when they may time out before departure and you will no doubt receive 4 different answers none of which will match the crew scheduling time.
There are confusing parts of the contract as you referenced above, however the part you were whining about is quite clear. I singled you out as someone who should know every word of the contract because you're so incredibly bitter, the company has to be screwing you on a daily basis. At what point do you start defending yourself with a contract that does protect you in many ways?

Also, that grass is greener stuff is a weak, tired, and old argument. Every airline has its drama and problems. I can't tell you how many I pilots I know at xyz legacy carrier that wouldn't trade their problems for ours in a heartbeat. It's all perspective as far as which is best. You chose poorly is what it all comes down to, although I have a suspicion you'd be the same way at any carrier you ended up at.