View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 12:43 PM
cbram
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Jetjock87 View Post
I have been studyin up on PSA because i was recently offered a job there........Upgrade times were at 3 and are supposedly going down to 1.5-2 years. They are hiring 40 per month for a little bit. With how small the pilot group is that means alot of movement or more airplanes or something. First year pay is better then ASA. Second is better at ASA. So they average out in a 2 year span. I have friends at PSA and they like it very much. Reserve supposedly is rough(alot of flight hours) but hey...you just get paid more. Reserve is a couple months. Holding the line and scheduling is i hear very nice. They are not hiring into CLT for FO. A couple months flying and you should be able to get it (or so i hear). I didnt go there for the wholly-owned operations. They are a great bunch of people and treated everyone who interviewed very well. (maybe that was the trap to get you in!). I interviewed with ASA and the people in charge of the hiring were really 'blank' and boring. Just my opinion....SO go figure...Test the waters yourself!

all of them are retired acey capts. theres definately characters there, especially joe a. had a good time in the interview and have been really happy with the training so far. dale, who teaches indoc, is absolutely hillarious as well. there will be things people will gripe about at all regionals. all i can say is im pretty happy here at asa so far.