View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 05:25 AM
Puck Hawg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

I’m in my 1st year at an ACMI and absolutely love it. Sure, I’ll keep my resumes refreshed and apps current at purple and brown for consideration somewhere down the line, but I live in a small, rural town in the south and I enjoy making one trip a month to the airport. Every month has a two week vacation. No commuting. No crash pads. After 15 years at a regional, there’s not enough money in the world to make me go back to “people haulin”.

While it does stink that whether you’re the plug or number 1 on the seniority list, everyone works 16 days, you start throwing vacation weeks in, and you work less than half the year. I did so many 4 on/2 off months at my previous carrier, that it made me dread going to work.

Now, I get it that everyone’s thoughts are different. If I lived in a major hub, sure, I could suck it up and try to get on with a Legacy. Problem is, I don’t want to live in a crime infested city like Chicago, away from friends and family, just so I can “maybe” have a better career.

Best of luck, but I really don’t think you can go wrong with ACMI. Get out. Fly something heavy. Get real world experience. F the regionals and the sham that the legacies run.