Thread: Pay Rates
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 12:33 PM
akulahunter
Voice of Reason

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Uncomfortable

Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
Given the overall hiring climate in the airline industry, do any of you G4 pilots see a significant pay raise in the next contract negotiation? Do you think management will budge on pay rates if G4 becomes too much of a revolving door on the lower half of the seniority list? Do you see any influence from the other ULCC pay rates on G4's rates? Im interested in G4 because it would be a good QOL job since I'm moving near SAV in two weeks, and looking to stay there for good.
Yes, I believe there will be a significant pay bump on the next CBA. After that? Who knows, I think the airlines in general will be pretty close to topped out once the next round of legacy contracts goes through.

I also agree that work rules will be a huge factor in the next negotiation. Plenty of holes to fill!

Fairly certain that the bottom of the list won't be a revolving door anytime soon. If junior guys didn't bail over the last 18 months when EVERYONE was hiring but us, then they probably won't bail when we start growing again. Our business model doesn't exist anywhere else. Most people who just want a type rating and bounce will (probably) go to higher paying, more commutable airlirelines.