View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 04:50 AM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
At ABX commuting to domicile yes. I would say 75 % of our commuters ride the system from an airport close to home the night before work with missed trip contract protection.....our commercial trips that start on day one basically all the same as you said. Drive to airport get stuck at a hub, get a hotel, perdiem, 50% pay credit, blah, blah, blah. All pretty standard contract stuff. With CVG one of the most expensive airports to commercial in/out of into position....we can usually airline to and from home without a fight. Unless of course the airline portion starts in the middle of a pairing...then you are commercially from domicile.
Seems like a good situation to me. At K4 most of us still consider our work month to be 17 days. Most of us travel on day 0 to be in position to start our 16 day rotation. If they don’t need you they have been pretty good at sending you home a day or so early. So far, I have not heard of anybody showing up at home early and having to kick their wife’s Boyfriend out :-)