View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 11:23 AM
nitefr8dog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
My 16.5 days on the road I would never trade away because I love having all of my days off in a consecutive row, and the stress of commuting is for the birds. I have no interest in going to the pax world ever again if it means I have to commute home every three to four days, rinse and repeat. Every time I am in an airline terminal in uniform, I feel like a tool, basically living at the airport. Nothing beats going through security at a freight hub, super quick and easy. Oh, a flight cancels? I now have to find a hotel room? Nope, that's already taken care for me. The only money I spend on the road is for my own desires, not needs.
Cancelled flights while airlining into position happen from time to time at ABX also...mostly because of an ridiculous connection time between flights. And yes the company buys a hotel....I am not really sure what other option they would have if they what to get someone into position. Pretty sure if the company did not the crewmember would be headed home and they would be looking for a new pilot. Maybe I am missing something....