View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 07:20 AM
Motoxer66
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: executive gear swinger

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
And that was 4 months ago, mid-March in the Republic forum indicating he was about to START TRAINING. Apparently he found it stressful. Well, it is. Your first type-rating is ALWAYS stressful no matter where you go through it. It is like drinking from a firehouse, the volume of info being more of an issue than the degree of difficulty. But the training is pretty good and I don't think Compass’s washout rate is any higher than anyone else’s. They wouldn't hire you and spend the money to put you through it if they weren’t pretty confident you could do it successfully but it is intensive and thorough. The lives of 76 pax and two FAs in the back could depend upon you getting it right. It isn’t a gimme, you gotta work for it.

I totally agree here. Drinking for the fire hose is just a reality at any just about any airline or 135 operator. I have a handful of type ratings in both 121 and 135 so I can pull from my own experience here. Lets get real for a moment, if you cannot keep up with the available training resources made available to you here at CP...I don't want you in my right seat. The folks in the school house give you all of the tools necessary to complete training successfully. If you cant put 2 and 2 together with that, move along. Like ExCargo said, your type rating is ALWAYS going to be stressful.

Another note, who gives a D@mn about the facilities and their amenities, your not moving in and paying rent. Get in, get your training, make solid memories with your classmates and get on the line and start flying......simple as that.