View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 10:53 AM
KYTBRD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: MD-11

Originally Posted by nickbvt82 View Post
I am under no illusion that coming from. Single seat F18 background will present unique challenges to
Me, as well
As transitioning to part 121 flying. does anyone have any experience either first or second hand of mil guys doing atlas /southern training
I was a mil heavy guy with 6500hrs. Paroled from Atlas 747 3 years ago but from what I understand the training hasn’t changed much. Firehose without much guidance. Here’s the books, learn these. Don’t take it lightly and be ready to feel inadequate. Failing a formal course on your record won’t help. As the saying went, the check rides are solo but the actual jet is a crew. You get a captain type check ride so you’re expected to do everything a captain is responsible for. I still have friends there and it’s only gotten worse. If you need the hours and heavy jet time then fine. But have your apps updated and be ready for another interview. Stay away from the 76 if they try to bait and switch to that. You won’t get many hours in the jet. Just lots of time sitting reserve.