View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 02:26 PM
pilotpilot84
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2017
Position: Capt
Default Recap.....

I can see that this is turning into a battle, which was not the point. To answer a few of your questions, I did not wash out. I flew for Compass for 6 months, until I went to a legacy regional.

Having gone through initial training with compass, and then initial training again with my new carrier, I can look back and say which one is better for a new 121 pilot. Both trainings are obviously authorized by the FAA and do a good job. And let’s be honest! A new FO is a new FO, regardless of where you come from. A good Captain will know what to expect and how to teach!

Let’s be friendly here guys. There is no need for negativity, pictures, and the jokes. Please have the maturity that is required in this profession. This is a web platform to discuss opinions issues and questions. This is not meant to joke, tease or start fights. This was simply an opinion!

I just have friends in the community that do not have the experience that I had going into initial, and even I had a hard time. Yes, it is a fire hose, but some regionals are worse than others in terms of training structure. Those of you who went through just fine, I congratulate you. You may or may not have had a heads up, help or any other advantage, but either way, good for you. I made it, but with a struggle. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO ASK AND VIEW ALL AIRLINES TRAINING curriculum to see if it meets your training style. Everybody learns differently and one course may be better for you than another.

And at my current regional, which I plan to stay for quality-of-life reasons, the training out did Compass by far. Again, this is just my opinion, and may I remind you that we are all one family here. We should stick together, but perhaps that’s my military background talking.

Other than this website having policies and procedures against negative rhetoric, I ask that we have mature reasonable, and fair conversations from now on. In no way did I speak poorly about Compass. In no way did I say do not go there. In no way did I say another regional is better than Compass.

I simply said I do not think Compass should be the airline for a new 121 pilot. If anyone is serious and knowing more specifics, then I encourage you to message me. HAVE A GOOD DAY! God bless America!

Last edited by pilotpilot84; 07-18-2019 at 02:54 PM.