View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 08:33 AM
emersonbiguns
P/T Gear Slinger

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Airbus

Originally Posted by TFlood View Post
Questions for the group. I am USAF with less than 2 years until 20. I will be 45 when I retire. I have flown tactical FW my entire career. I am not excited about the airlines (my dad was a airline guy and I grew up with it). I want to eventually move back to Northern California (Sacramento specifically) for family. I am happy to go to Lorado for a year or two to do my time with the goal of eventually transferring to McClellan in Sacramento.

1) is this reasonable to achieve?
2) what do they fly out of McClellan (KMCC)?
3) would they let me work 4 on 3 off at Lorado to leave my family in place in southern TX?

Any other info about hurdles I might face would be appreciated. Thanks!
AMO is not a people organization. It is run by a former AIO who despises pilots and exercises every opportunity to be vindictive.

AMO will not work with you to achieve your personal life/family goals.

Federal pay rules that govern the position absolutely will not allow four tens to be worked. You will work five, eight-ten hour shifts between Sunday and Saturday.

Sounds like you need to move your family home and work in the sandbox 50/50 for $200k.

I find it difficult to understand why people reading these forums about AMO don’t get the fact that the place is not about mission effectiveness/job satisfaction/efficiency/retention, etc.....

AMO is the place to go if you want job security and a pension. NOT if you want to fly what you want, work the schedule you want, where you want with competent supervisors and leadership that realizes that the mission requires a unique type of employee.

Think about what type of organization that guarantees the retirement that AMO does and is losing mid and late career employees at the rate they are. Do you really want twenty years of that?