View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 10:14 PM
GoFaster
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010

Originally Posted by Paid2fly View Post
Your "perspective" is a bit off. Every other job the hourly rate is for every hour you're at work, not just after the main cabin door is closed and the brake dropped(your actually real hourly rate is probably less than 1/2 or even a third of your actual duty time).

I disagree. I sold cars and worked as a locksmith. Spent a lot of hours “at work” not getting paid at both. Like I said it’s all about perspective. I’m not saying I completely agree with the way the pay works or even agree that it’s a fair wage for the type of work we do. That said, I’ve thought the same about a lot of jobs I’ve done. And then I’ve had a couple of jobs where I got paid stupid money for doing tasks so mundane and mind-numbing that the payout wasn’t even worth it. Just offering my perspective- for me, personally, it’s the most equitable exchange of services rendered for a financial return that I’ve ever personally experienced and, to the point of the OP’s question, it is definitely possible to be happy in this job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro