View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 09:58 AM
IFlyDaPlane
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2017
Default Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Been reading this thread with interest as I have seen this scenario a few times before in my career. To those who would burn Swift Air down because they are sick of the BS, I'd like to make a friendly suggestion:

You can't put "I shut the ****ing place down by blowing the whistle" on your resume. It doesn't read well. Believe me. No reasonable employer would touch you after that. No matter how great the "pilot shortage".

I f*cked my own career after three of my friends/ co-workers died in a fiery C414 crash due to shoddy maintenance. I went to the FAA to spill the beans on that operator and never worked in that town again due to the vindictive D.O. and C.P. of that joint.

If you are an F.O. at Swift Air on the 737, now is the time to distinguish yourself with things that you CAN put on your resume. Make a difference somehow and take pride in that.

Believe me, unless you are planning on Swift being your last flying job in the USA, you might like to choose another tack. Aviation is a small community, and you have no idea who knows who and who is talking to whom.

I ignored that last bit at my own peril.

You might also consider that the company has hundreds of other employees who are just trying to put bread on the table for themselves and their families and it might seem a little -- ahem -- selfish -- to deprive them of their livelihoods because you are not satisfied with management?