View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 12:51 PM
cpagdog
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2019

While I agree with a lot of the points being made my Emerson, there is the other side to consider...

I have been with DHS for 10 years. We are treated the exact same as you describe, Job First family second. There is 0 consideration for quality of life. I have worked 500+ hours of overtime a year for the last 6 years and not by choice. We are also losing people to the private sector that have put in 10-15 years.

That being said, where I work now there is NO option to fly anything. I also don't even have a choice on where I want to live. Washington DC is the ONLY choice.

And where else can I go and make 6 figures, have job security and a pension, and fly something like a Cessna 206 or drone around?

I spoke with a drone pilot, he says he works 8 hour days and goes home with a little overtime here and there.

I'm not trying to say AMO is the best thing on Earth but for those of us who aren't flying that would like to stay federal and fly, it might be a good option.

So that all being said, is there anyone hear who flies f/w for AMO? I would love to hear what your average work week is like.

Thanks again for all the input you all have provided already.