Old 07-20-2019, 03:19 PM
Retractable
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
NJI topped out at 55 Gulfstreams. And NJI was killing it. Our pilot to jet ratio was far lower than NJA and we OPERATED at a profit. Something NJA had never done until after integration.

Was NJI perfect? Not even close. But RJS OWNED that market. It’s been in decline ever since he slammed the door in the face of the Ogre.

I would have loved to see the Hemi. And we may yet. It would be good for the company and the pilots.

But to ignore the multiple, ongoing, strategic mistakes being made by this management team is whistling past the graveyard. They rocked it with the IBI. Well played and bully for them. But pardon me if I don’t wave pom poms and sing kumbaya around the campfire just yet.
Completely understand your view.

Do you know that the FAA currently has our standing of large cabin frames at 9 under that high point for a total of 46 Gulfstreams and Globals?

Plus we have 20 650s technically in the Large Cabin lineup now never previously offered in the NJI/NJA days?

One could make an argument that this company has diversified, strengthened and bolstered its performance compared to “the old days”.

Earnings will show that for sure.

Although Gulfstream hulls are down, Large Cabin is far from lost here. Many competitors operate far below what we’d categorize as sustainable revenue levels for the product they offer, much less profitable.

Again... you get what you pay for and while there are those willing to pay less, there are certainly many who value the safety transportation product offer and sign up regularly. So much so that Large Cabin is larger today than the NJI heyday you mentioned.

That’s great news.