Old 07-21-2019, 09:07 AM
JamesBond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: A350 Both

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
Do you really pen your own letters, or simply click a few links, find your district in a drop down and fire off the same old form letter that everyone else is sending? Good on you if you did.

Ya, maybe he was somewhere else taking other shots that have a higher probability of success. The president himself even said they needed to go through other channels. Iran is heating up again and we need to keep our base in Qatar (who also just bought a bunch of 777s), maybe he saw the writing on the wall. Then again, maybe he was Tesla shopping. Either way, I think we all know him being there wasn't going to change a thing. But I guess, optics...
I have actually written some, but mostly just click the links. Regardless, if he can't bother to show up to talk to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED FREAKING STATES, why should I bother to even click links? As far as I am concerned, he has no excuse. Whether or not it would have changed things is irrelevant. Do you really think employees sending form leters makes any difference? Our congress is bought and paid for, and the have a lot of money. Cabotage is in your future my friend.

Oh, and those 777s are guaranteed by the US taxpayer... keep that in mind too

And lastly.. optics are important in the shallow pool of DC

Last edited by tomgoodman; 07-21-2019 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Provocative label