View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 07:29 PM
Broncos
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by deltabound View Post
Fantastic. Kudos to SD; I think he's a good man who's about to be working for a tough boss. More power to him.

That said, I'm always disappointed whenever I hear anyone ever admit to anyone in this profession even voting. We're (major airline pilots) supposedly smarter than that.

Voting in national elections is about as influential as calling into the midnight AM radio sports talk show to armchair quarterback the local sportsball coaches decision about last night's game (that no one will remember 3 days from now). You've neither true insight, nor influence.

Statically speaking, it's an irrational act. Your vote, beyond the local dog-catcher position, will not make a difference, ever. The reasons are legion; debating them point by point is useless. It is inherently self-evident.

Voting in state and federal elections is beyond pointless. Being passionate about any candidate is borderline lunacy.

Influence, however...funding PAC's, marshaling other voters, etc, backing the PAC with real $$$..MIGHT make a difference. But it's a very, VERY long shot.

Save your vote for what matters to you. LEC elections. Letter writing to LEC members. Backing the PAC (of whatever floats your boat). Money for the big causes, votes for the up close and personal. (LEC reps, perhaps)

(I'll just enjoy my time in "time out" now).
Let me guess...you were still a kid in 2000?

Here's a refresher. A presidential election, ultimately decided by one state of nearly 6 million voters, with the victor winning the presidency by 537 votes. Yeah, keep believing your vote doesn't matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_U...ion_in_Florida