View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 01:55 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
Thanks Brother,
I miss all of you guys too. I don’t miss the unethical, dishonest, shenanigans from management. It’s been nice taking my positive space ticket to/from work on different airlines and seeing so many of our guys in the mainline cockpits. Just rode with a former NY pilot taking me home on Delta not too long ago.
You’ll have a hard time getting real fighters in the union at Envoy. The precedent has already been set that they can repeatedly target, repeatedly harass and eventually fire people who give them grief. My advice, get in, get your hours and get out. That AA flow should be a last resort. It’s rapidly becoming a giant LCC.

It was a distinct honor to have been elected by you all to represent you, to keep the company in check, and to fight for what was right.
The Envoy pilot group was and remains one of the most professional groups of aviators and friends I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I still keep tabs, with way more contacts inside those buildings than Ric Wilson or Pedro could even imagine.

Personally, when the MEC chairman leaves, I think the MEC should consider hiring a professional union leader rather than a pilot who when push comes to shove works for the company at their leisure; somebody they can’t threaten, intimidate or fire repeatedly.
I have stated numerous times that we need someone that is in charge who is outside of Envoy employment. The only reason why we dont it seems is that the MEC is like any other political power, they dont want to give up control. Not to mention, MEC chair looks good when ALPA national calls.

In fact, it is blatantly absurd that we have negotiating teams that can be intimidated by the company. How it has gone on this long is strange to me, although, even mentioning changing lawyers at the MEC will get you drawn and quartered so I guess that's the way it goes.

One prominent poster here is now high up in the MEC, perhaps they can chime in on their individual thoughts.