Thread: Commuting
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 10:54 AM
ecam
Banned

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by navy1998 View Post
Thanks for the smart ass and not very helpful response. I've spent a good majority of my life working a schedule and being away from home that I guarantee most of you who never served wouldn't understand. It's not about the number of days off. It's about being able to get home on any given day should the need arise. The family reason has to do with medical for both my wife and son and there have been times that issues arise in the middle of a trip that I cant return home for. Part of it is just being home each day even for a short while to provide a break and take the load. Hence the reason I'm not comparing to other airlines because I already know that QOL. I also know the QOL doing the Mon-Fri from staff tours and know that for my family, being on a short tether works best for thier needs. I love flying and the job, so asking if my assessment is correct in terms of allegiant being the best compromise for my needs. At no point am I asking about getting lots of days off.
If you can move to a base preferably a junior one come here.

If you cant or won't you won't be happy here either.

It's really that simple.

Within 3 years as an FO in a large base you will be able to home 15+ days off a month and be home almost every night. Keep in mind management has stated that at some point we will start doing some overnights. They will be a small % of trips for the foreseeable future.