Thread: Omni interview
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 01:48 PM
hubbs
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
There is enough schedule variety so that rarely happens except on purpose, by mistake, fresh out of training and they build a line, or failing to bid. It can and does happen though.

It’s currently rare to work all 18 dats except for special programs. Days 17 & 18 come with significant pay over rides so they avoid using you unless they really have to. Next year we drop from 18/12 days to 17/13 days.
I agree that they don't often use the OV days, but on the FO side the pay is not what I'd call significant. A little over $400 per day on first year pay.

To answer the question about doing back to back schedules, I would say with a little seniority it is fairly easy to avoid, but to do so you need to be flexible with your days off. If you need a specific block of off days you may well end up with some back to back days. I'm about halfway up the FO list on my fleet and I ended up with the last 12 of July and the first 18 of August, as I needed specific days OFF in both months. I will probably end up working 23 of those 30.

To echo the others, I average around 13 a month, but absolutely plan on being gone at least 2 weeks straight every month.