View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 09:36 AM
EhV8R
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
Any updates on the AT program? I have the interview late August and hoping to make it into the program!

Are people having to pay back flight benefits? The interview still extensive from the technical point of view?
When you are in ground school, you have the ability to add a few people to your travel benefits; when you do this, there is an annual fee between $25 and $200 depending on your relationship to the person. You don't pay this upfront, but instead commit to having it taken out of paychecks. So, if you quit/don't make it, you've still committed to paying for that fee, which is what they will say you owe if you leave AW before it is paycheck deducted.

The technical interview is quite simple - memorize the memory items they send you, and be very familiar with approach plate symbology and procedures. They'll ask things such as "how low can you go on this approach?", "how many fly-over way points do you see?", "where does the final approach segment begin on this approach?". Always read the notes and small annotations, as they're often asking something that, upon first review, seems like an obvious answer, but really is modified by something else listed on the plate.

I paid for a month of a popular airline interview study service, and I don't remember running into any questions I hadn't seen on the site.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk