View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 08:44 PM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Brickhut View Post
I'm simply amazed that, after hearing that story, and how most of the van drivers "drive" (RDU), that I see 90% of our crews not buckling up.

We strap in with 5 point harnesses, bring the plane to a stop if someone is up out of their seats during taxi, ding the seatbelt sign every time there's turbulence, but you'll climb aboard a POS hotel van, with bald tires, and Dingus McDips!t behind the wheel doing 60mph on a wet clover leaf offramp, and nobody buckles up.
I will flat out tell the drivers to slow down, stop texting, etc. you also need to be reporting unsafe driving to your hotel committee and filing
incident reports (or whatever you may call them at frontier). The unsafe driving is an industry problem that a lot of us seem to tolerate and I’m over it. We have families to return to and the more of us that report it the more it comes up and contracts get pulled and change happens. Report the condition of the vehicle too. Bald tires, inop seatbelts, warning lights in the dash, all unacceptable.

Pilots will file a grievance over a hotel room only having a shower and not a bathtub but will get in transportation outsourced to the lowest bidder with half a million miles on the vehicle and a dumbass driving like he’s in the final lap of the 500 drafting behind the lead car.