Thread: Alaska Trip Mix
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 03:30 PM
Cruz5350
Respek

Joined APC: Jul 2010

I haven’t seen anyone quitting to go back to these so called regionals with better reserve.... Short call is what short call is, I guess everyone just thinks they should sit around and no nothing but still be paid. Your job as a reserve pilot is to be there waiting for the phone to ring... If it doesn’t that’s great if it does you go to work. Every month of short call was 50-60 hours or less for me and when I did a month of LC under the Virgin rules Iit was terrible. I’m not seeing any changes under the new Alaska SC to cry nearly as much about as you do. The longer RAP does suck but it hasn’t changed how much I’ve blocked on any given month. I JS a ton and everything we complain about at AS seems to be about the same as what I hear from junior guys at UA or AA. The hours off comment hasn’t ever held any weight for me either so what gives? Are you just one of the countless miserable coworkers that I’ve come across now that Alaska is the new boss? Do you think your life is going to be night and day different at whatever new airline you’re going to?