Thread: ABX Air
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 06:47 PM
MarkThyme
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by flyfranz View Post
Looks like we just the Aeromex contract. I can’t remember the last time we had good news here. My resume is now going out weekly, I guess I must still be too low on total time. Because, so far no responses.
I don't know that it was lost (assuming that was the word you omitted) so much as significantly underbid by a 36th Street bottom feeder for a contract that already didn't pay that well and that a sizable number of pilots preferred to avoid flying - or at the very least, they enjoyed complaining about it.

Contracts will come and go. That's the world that ACMI is. I'm sure if we acceded to Soaper's contract demands, the company could have lowered their bid enough to keep it (and we would have a contract already). But I'm pretty sure neither one of us really wants to company to go that route.

As for the rest, Southern will hire you tomorrow if you can correctly identify a 737 at least 3 times out of 5, and Omni is taking applications now. It's a heck of a deal - you don't even have to change unions! And with Omni, you also get to keep the same corporate overlords!