View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 05:49 PM
freightdude
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Default Pre-training questions

Hi,

First, thanks to everyone who helps answer my questions. I’m starting training soon and I’ve been looking at this forum quite a bit to gain as much info as I can. Well I’ve found out a lot of stuff, there still is some things I’m looking to find out:

-How long is it taking for someone to hold CLT out of training and is the time trend to hold the base increasing or decreasing? I’m aware this question gets asked a lot and that it changes month to month but I haven’t seen an update since early June. I plan on moving to CLT instead of commuting as I am young and I have no ties holding me. I also have some buddies in NC.

-What is the training outline like and what checkrides or tests are there throughout training? How does AQP really work? I’m coming from a 135 freight background so every one of my rides have been non-AQP. How is the quality of the training?

-When do flight benefits and CASS kick in?

-How does payroll work? Meaning how do they disburse the min guarantee or however much you credit plus your per diem every month?

-What hotels do you stay in during training in DFW, DAY, CVG, and CLT?

-Is there a lot of extra flights you can pick up on your days off overall in the PSA system? How about specifically in CLT?

Thanks again for the help