Thread: Yo-Nited CPP
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 05:44 PM
airlinepilot50
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by flynd94 View Post
I have (Xjet pilot myself on LOA) who passed and failed the CPP. I get tired of my fellow pilots blaming everyone. Yes some DB’s made it through the process but for many of us it was the only way into UA.

There are guidelines to the CPP and there not hard to follow. I had sick calls, got a doctors note. Stayed out of the CPO unless I was there to assist another pilot. Updated my app monthly, did union work and professional development to show I wasn’t satisfied with the status quo. Also to make myself more marketable to other companies.

All of the motivated pilots I know who didn’t make it through the CPP are at JB, DAL, UPS, FEDEX, SWA and Spirit.

Get busy living or get busy dying
I get it that you have a dislike for pilots that complain. It’s best to keep it to yourself and not give ammunition to the likes of United. It’s about standing together collectively as a pilot union. You and even I do not know every pilots situation that causes them to complain, call in sick, be different, and not be liked by others. But, we know that they are responsible for flying your family and United’s passengers. United should be supportive of their non-mainline pilots if they honestly cared about safety and customer service.