Thread: Contract 202[?]
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 05:24 AM
Floyd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by DashTrash View Post
1. If ALPA used blast mail weekly on this topic, that could be considered negotiating in public. That is not a good thing, especially if we would have to go through mediation. Just because the Company does it, doesn't mean we can get away with it.

2. I believe that our NC/MEC are trying to do the best that they can with what they are allowed to do while in a negotiation cycle. We shouldn't be in a hurry to amend our UPA unless it's a good deal.

3. While in negotiations you can't just demand things. Everything in our contract has a price, as does anything we are asking from management. It just depends on what you're willing to pay to get what you want. So I think again, our NC/MEC are doing what they can with the tools that are available to them. A strike or self help will most likely never be allowed to happen.

4. It's not beyond their skill set, but there is only so much that they can do under the RLA. Like I said before, they can't just demand things and neither can management. It's a two party negotiation. Demanding things, just puts up walls that are very difficult to break down.

5. Yes, I believe so. Including the SPSC.

6. No one has won anything yet. Kirby only wins if we the membership ratify a concessionary deal. I don't believe that will happen. We just need to fly good jets and do what we've been doing. Fly our contract!!!
Why would we be in a hurry to negotiate a substandard deal? This will not be a cost neutral contract. Therefore, we are not going to pay for what we get. Of course there are priorities and the cost of obtaining one benefit might be forgoing another.

One added note. In remembrance of the company slinging pasta against a wall ten years ago, you might want to rethink your last sentence in a public or any forum.