View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 08:55 AM
SunnyFL
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: CFI, CFII, MEI

Know the bold limitations down pat as well as the IAI and the 6 not memory but memory items you have to know are in the QRH.

They say you have to know the Captains flows and you do want to know them. That will make or break your SIP. If you or your partner struggle on them its going to eat up valuable time that the IPTs are for. I personally learned the FO flows and PM flows first then did the captains and I think that helped out a lot.

Everyone says you only need to know the bold limitations and that is somewhat kind of true. I would say you need to know all of Chapter 3 except for the ozone stuff. Anything in that chapter is fair game for MOCK KV and KV but the bold have to be memorized verbatim.

Its a good training foot print but you have to work. They are more than willing to go above and beyond to answer questions and help but you have to put the work in because it really is like drinking from a fire hose.

Most importantly take some time off to decompress. It's needed to get through the training. I'm not saying take off full days etc. but don't overdue it as well. Don't get discouraged. Everyone gets overwhelmed during the training and its normal since you are getting so much information in such a short time period. Have questions speak up!

Good luck and have fun!