View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 09:22 AM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by HIFLYR View Post
Hey the email we received from Flt Mgt regarding United and some others canceling tickets that are on the same day is correct. United just canceled my ticket home because I had not deviated yet in the system. I was still 5 days out from the day of the trips. No notification or anything also. I just went to get the info to pass on to the F/O and the ticket was gone and it now cost 125.00 more.
Just a heads up.
HI,
Can you elaborate on the scenario specifics?

Did your deviation ticket and the scheduled ticket have any flights in common? Or were the tickets completely different from each other and just leaving from the same city on the same day?

One thing folks may consider if they are 100% certain they will never use the scheduled DH ticket: Once they have the deviation ticket they want, call global travel and cancel the scheduled ticket. This still allows them to delay officially deviating in VIPS until closer to the deviation deadline. If they do this, a trip and deadhead revision would be required in the event of disruptions prior to official deviation. It just removes the potential for ticket cancellation by the airline while still retaining control over when one deviates.