Thread: Sick leave
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 07:18 AM
NeverFlexTO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by Rooster435 View Post
What was their good faith basis? Did they say? Without that they aren’t getting anything from me. PWA says they can inquire about the medical reasons for the use of sick leave and after that “discussion” they can then ask for a DRs certificate.

Under the premise that the best defense is a good offense I’d call them directly and inquire about their “good faith” basis.
They did not say, and I'm not going to go into detail here other than to say, it was a scripted message that the CPO read. I know this because I made a phone call and asked someone who went through something similar a while back. The PWA specifies there will be a discussion as to why there was a sick call, there wasn't, a VM was left (because I don't answer the phone from numbers I don't know), I called back to explain the situation, but it fell on deaf ears...I had no problem giving them a note, because I was at that time, legitimately sick, but I did have a problem with them asking for this after 2 years of being a good employee with no sick call and no other issues I know of...to me it sets a precedent, and an undesirable one to say the least.

If I had to guess it's a directive from someone either on 4th floor or the RD, no way to know...