View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by FML666 View Post
Having flown with a handful of the people on the list I found the descriptions accurate. I'd classify most of them as "prefer not to fly with again if at all possible but I'll do it if I have to". I'm on my 3rd airline and 18th year in da bidness and while there are definitely exceptions to the rule the people who make it on the type of list we were emailed about have earned their spot and I for one appreciate getting a heads up about them.
I’d agree with most of this. I’ve had names discussed but I haven’t actually seen the list. Usually I ask the person if they’ve flown with that captain. The answer is usually no. Most of the folks on the list I wouldn’t eat dinner with on the overnight but getting through the day isn’t what their reputation suggests in most cases. There of course are exceptions and those special folks are dangerous. Luckily one we just got rid of and I heard another maybe earlier this year but I didn’t verify that. If they are dangerous they need to be gone. If they are just weird but do the job well then suck it up and look out the window. If they are A holes then refer them to pro standards after having your own conversation.