View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Omniscient
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by Qotsaautopilot View Post
I’d agree with most of this. I’ve had names discussed but I haven’t actually seen the list. Usually I ask the person if they’ve flown with that captain. The answer is usually no. Most of the folks on the list I wouldn’t eat dinner with on the overnight but getting through the day isn’t what their reputation suggests in most cases. There of course are exceptions and those special folks are dangerous. Luckily one we just got rid of and I heard another maybe earlier this year but I didn’t verify that. If they are dangerous they need to be gone. If they are just weird but do the job well then suck it up and look out the window. If they are A holes then refer them to pro standards after having your own conversation.
I’m willing to bet most on that list have been run through the ProStandards routine. The fact they have not changed at all, and still have issues today, sadly shows inefficiencies with the ProStandards process at Spirit. It’s a great resource but telling FOs to “suck it up and look out the window” isn’t a solution, it’s a cop out.

These guys on the list aren’t anomalies, they are the grade A tools. I don’t like the list because FOs shouldn’t have to make a list, pilots should police their own and these Captains do nobody any good at our airline.

I don’t know where the limits of the union DFR begins and ends, but I would like to see these guys pulled and counseled and retrained on CRM and basic respect for others.