View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 07:30 AM
60av8tor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Taco280AI View Post
At OBAP today. FedEx, UPS and Southwest clearly don't value rotor time, even military, because they don't count it at all. None. My impression is that American and United don't care about it much either, they seem to count it as any regular (aka civilian piston) time because their honest advice and suggestion is to get 3500-5500 total time with 1000-3000 121 TPIC. Not a complaint, I valued my Army rotor time. But don't fly helicopters in the military if your goal is mainline. And if you're there now, don't expect to get there any sooner because of it. Just be happily surprised if you do. In the meantime keep flying, building time, upgrade, get that TPIC, and enjoy the journey.
Very good post. I used to talk to rotor guys fairly often, and would hint towards the above. More and more - especially since the start of the RTPs - my opinion (similar to the post above) was received as overly negative, etc. I had about 1k charter FW prior to a regional. Slugging it out now at a WO building TPIC, learning, and enjoying the journey - as much as possible at my regional Hope to beat the flow, but the closer I get to flowing, the more I think my 2k RW means 0. Not arguing that it should or shouldn’t - that’s another discussion. Just looking at the reality of things.