View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 08:39 AM
OscartheGrouch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: B737/Capt

Originally Posted by CALPilotToo View Post
The key to dealing with the age 65 issue is to mediacal out whenever you can. Take the LTD then do something on the side. Jump through whatever hoops they need you to but after that just enjoy the money while doing something else. Don't go out of way screaming for waivers or anything else. Just do what the Dr says and cash the freakin check each month. Let ALPA deal with it when this industry continues to go backwards.
CPT,

That attitude is pathetic! Who do you think pays for LTD fraud? I have a long time "friend" who tried what you suggest and fortunately for him he didn't fool anyone. I say fortunately because he had many people watching him and he would'nt have been able to "just cash the check." If your suggestion was not meant to imply fraud please accept my apology in advance. Otherwise, please explain what you were implying.

If you are able to get a "waiver or anything else" it is the right thing to do. Cashing the check and doing something on the side when a waiver is possible is FRAUD! I am amazed and frankly can't believe what we are teaching our children about what is right and wrong.