View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 05:31 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by arbalist1 View Post
So production of the CRJ will end halfway through 2020. This generates a few questions worthy of idle speculation.

Does finishing the backlog mean they will build and deliver the extra 15 that were 'options' for PSA?

If PSA really is stockpiling pilots for future growth, how much will this affect their plans?

I know there are still plenty of used CRJs out there that PSA could get their hands on, but is this a viable strategy for a single type fleet?

How long could they hold out before PSA must begin to bring in a new airplane?

Does this finally confirm the closing of the TYS base?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/airline...f-of-2020/amp/

Edit: I absolutely meant to post this in the PSA forum. My bad. If a moderator sees this, can you please move it? Thanks!
I would think that the production will continue through all the orders, even the options. In addition, when bought out they stated the service centers would remain open as well as the suppliers for the aircraft parts, so I dont see the CRJ going anywhere soon.

There are lots floating around out there that PSA could get if they needed them. I mean, I remember from years ago Envoy was losing their CRJ's any minute and here we are, years later with them still flying. Granted they are leaving now but it takes a long time to get this large of a ball rolling.