View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 08:47 AM
Name User
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by viper548 View Post
The company doesn't need airport reserve. They always have the option to designate a trip as premium and they can shop the PM/PR list for someone who can be there quickly. They'll have to pay whoever puts in the claim for being bypassed, but it's an option. I've watched them cancel flights at midnight for not having an FO, and I could be there in less than 30 mins.
That is a pretty big deal, to cancel a flight because they don't have a way of staffing. Seems like there should be a win win here somewhere. I don't agree with paying anyone PM just because they are on the list. If you are located 2 hours away and they need something right now, that should go to someone who lives within an XX min radius. Seems like a simple program where they punch in the desired dept time and a list of names pops up, and whomever calls first gets it. FLICA used to have text message updates and when a trip popped into open time, the first one to call back got it.

This is mostly the APA doings, they have this hard on for calling dozens of people when the vast majority decline them or don't answer. There should be incentive to move local in nature to base, for both the pilot and company.