View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 08:57 AM
nitefr8dog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
People bash Mesa all the time, but one thing they did get was a scope clause that forbid multiple sister companies, after Freedom Air. Sounds like you guys could of used that. The reality is you will never get different pilot groups wanting the same exact things, and holding back one group to prop up the other leads to the opposite of what you want.
I don't fault ATI for wanting home basing, it is a life changer.
However, this regional level political hurt feelings bullcrap needs to stop. It is unrealistic, immature, and stupid to even think anyone has a say in another pilot groups negotiations. We all want and need each pilot group to hit a grand slam with every new contract, but at the same time, locking in significant gains and avoiding extra years of negotiations for the last 10% is also a win.
Everyone "could" have used that...the next best is scope which does not allow ABX aircraft to be moved to sister companies which neither of the other two companies have. With DHL purchasing Airborne Express and the spin off of ABX..followed by the meltdown of DHL US...things were changing pretty rapidly. Demanding a no sister company clause as the whole company was being divided into multiple companies and the stock was under 1$ and being delisted would have gone over like a fart in church. I am guessing we would have had to pay them to fly the planes. Its quite a different environment than when ATI negotiated their contract with record ATSG profits, and growth with all the additional Amazon flying. As far as home basing..great if that's what they want. It's just not something ABX crews are willing to give up money for. Me I would rather have an extra 40-50k and buy a ticket for 200$ every 3 or 4 mos if I have to. Which I never have in 20 plus yrs. I have missed one flight in that whole time because of an overflight of the city. A call to scheduling and they said...see ya tomorrow night...got in the car and went home.

Last edited by nitefr8dog; 08-07-2019 at 09:12 AM.