Old 08-07-2019, 06:07 PM
theUpsideDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by FollowMe View Post
I think you guys are mislabeling his point as ‘woe is me’ whining about his own individual situation. He’s trying, maybe unsuccessfully, to highlight the hypocrisy of the C-scale system. His two year degree (or no degree for that matter) is perfectly acceptable to Delta to fly their Diamond members about the country (and CA/MX) so long as he does it for a severely reduced wage. If Delta “truly” believes that it takes a four year degree to safely transport their passengers then they should apply that to all of their flight segments.

In reality DL doesn’t care if you have a degree or not, they simply know they can use it against you to keep you on a lower pay scale.

Unity only happens if you are willing to unite with EVERYONE across the board. Ridiculing someone for not getting a four year degree and telling them they deserve C-scale wages as a result only perpetuates the management win.
I think that argument is more than ten yrs old and it was more than ten years old when i first heard it ten years ago and 20 years ago when he first heard it, it was not a new or novel concept.

What do you want from us? We cant change the industry and there is no solidarity. Welcome to the airlines.