View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 11:32 AM
JamesBond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: A350 Both

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
What does that mean exactly?

Its funny seeing the strong opinions against the unknown that by definition would only be an option with significant restrictions. That said, what it would take for me to vote yes for them would probably be well beyond the company's cost threshold anyway. Right now marketing and the optimizer are in complete command.

While I could agree to these under certain conditions, those conditions would likely roll back some amount of the optimizer's fantasy credit/excessive pilot positions white paper B-School bonus factory and so will likely never happen anyway.

Its just interesting watching the sheer unity against something that isn't even defined based purely on subjective concept, while not having them clearly results in far more circadian disrupting pairings in many cases.
It means exactly what it says. If you are a reserve pilot, and you get one of these God awful things, you get pay and no credit. Inother words, premium pay. I think reserves should also get pay no credit for any trip they get called out on that flies over a holiday.

Essentially I agree with you. I am just putting it down in writing. I would never fly one anyway, even if I got called out on one because I already know I would be fatigued. It's the same reason I don't do transcon all nighters.

Stand ups... imho... are unsafe.