View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 08:24 AM
BlueMoon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: FO

Originally Posted by pinseeker View Post
Based on what you have said, it looks like if you didn't have vacation, the trip in September would have conflicted with the August carryover trip. If this is the case, then you are wrong. The September trip would be dropped and added to your make up bank and you would be eligible for CIC.

Even though the trip from August that was removed for vacation disappears from your calendar, there is still a ghost trip there for pay purposes, since you are getting paid for that trip. Even if the new trip in September only touches that trip by one minute, that trip goes away and is dropped, no hours come out of your vacation. How do I know, I messed up and had a trip overlap by one minute. I thought I would be paid for the trip via vacation and have the time off. Instead, if I wanted the hours, I had to get them in CIC. You can't add a CIC trip that touches vacation.

What FDXpilot said would have been correct if the trips would not have conflicted without vacation. For the best answer, send futures an insight report with your question. They have gotten back quickly IME.
Futures essentially said the same thing you just said.

Thank you again.