Thread: when to apply
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 05:58 PM
DavidAdams
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Originally Posted by Robfrailing View Post
Hi folks! quick question from a guy about to jump into the 121 world. I currently work for a 135 company and I have a verbal agreement with the chief pilot to work thru the new year, making me free to move on January 1st. I am now about 1750 tt/500 turbine pic with all atp mins met, estimating over 2000 tt when finished. I am trying to time my application to minimize unemployed time. any suggestions as to when to put the application in. I wont leave before the terms of my agreement are met, as I believe a handshake is the same as a signature.
If you are getting multi engine TURBINE PIC at your your current job you might consider staying there until you have 1300 Multi Engine TURBINE PIC and then go to Skywest. You might get on with a major faster under that scenario but this is just one person's opinion and you never know what will happen. I have heard PSA has a flow to American that seems to be shrinking in time but I know nothing about PSA other than that. I do know Skywest is reported to be a great company if you look at their awards they received in the past and if you ask Skywest pilots in person. Over the last year or so I must have received favorable reviews from jumpseating Skywest pilots at least 6 or 7 times when I asked if they liked Skywest. I ask everyone I meet that works for a regional and in that tiny little unscientific poll, Skywest is the clear winner for being described as good or better. Hope this helps you but it is all just rumor and one person's opinion.