View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Name User
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Ultimately the answer should be more OG and premium, that will solve most issues. When you look at other industries, that is how they solve short term staffing issues.

I've even worked with guys who, when we had a long sit, they'd call up and volunteer for a RA.

Constantly turning down RA's...I'll be honest I wasn't even aware we could unless we went fatigued. Aren't RA's allowed per the contract?

At my previous regional it sometimes went senior to guys in base. They'd be on call 4-noon and would have 16 hours totally free/off every day. Some lived so close to the airport they sat at home.

Even in DFW there are guys less than 10 mins from the terminal doors.

I'm not sure how the union expects the company to operate though. They are ****ed about RAs but don't want a set callout time for short call...they need to be honest with themselves and realize one is directly related to another. Not only that, but they also insist on the company making dozens of calls and leaving messages to hit someone that would accept the trip.

It's quite possible that in most instances setting a fixed time or having a few airport reserves would fix 99.9999% of the cascading RAs. Or going to first come first serve (gasssssp! Seniority!) for short callout trips.

And through all of this, you know the airlines are salivating about uncrewed aircraft.

Last edited by Name User; 08-10-2019 at 10:24 AM.