View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 01:05 PM
Hellafo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017
Position: B767

Originally Posted by mexipilot84 View Post

We have departmental issues because we’ve exploded in size and the infrastructure has not kept up with what goes on on the line. That goes for OCC, crew scheduling, training etc. You find yourself being creative and solving problems yourself. Definitely not like a regional and mainline where you show up and you just fly and everything is done for you.
This speaks volumes of whoever is in the driver seat of that "airline", and pretend to buy wide-bodies on top of that? Ask yourself this question, do I want to work for an employer that treat the company as a cash cow, yet, does not pay me what I am worth, and does not provide the tools I need to do my job?
I'd digress with your statement about Part 121 operations. Attention to detail is what makes the difference, not only in the operation but in the product offered. Do you think the Swift air product is good? I can tell you why they get business.... because it's probably cheap. How is it cheap? It's controllable expenses are low(YOU).
"Creative in solving problems", should not be a characteristic of a professional airline pilot, we are highly trained, with procedures and safety oriented practices. Maybe if pilots didn't have to be so creative in doing other people jobs, they won't be stalling 737s on take off.
You're a good guy and a recruiter, but man, don't put your hands in the fire for an employer that won't think twice about putting you on the street, if budget gets tight....and you have no union.