View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Phoenix21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by 20LR View Post
Hi all, I’d like to say thank you in advance to any answers for this.

Right now I am a senior in high school, and I’m starting to apply to aviation schools such as Purdue, UND, Auburn, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, etc. right now, Purdue is my number one right now. They have an interesting program where when you graduate you can get hired on at Frontier and fly the bus at 1000 hours, and you don’t neee to be 23. I figured that’s a pretty cool opportunity.
If I get into Purdue, and that program works out for me, would it be a good idea to use Frontier as a regional type thing for a few years, and once you meet mainline legacy requirements, apply there? Or is it best to do that at an actual regional? What would the legacies prefer? I just don’t know if airlines like American, Delta, or United would prefer you come in from a mainline carrier with a 320 type rating, or if they would prefer you come from a regional. I am just looking for the best, and quickest way to get to a legacy carrier. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you,
-20LR
AA Wholly Owned regional or Military tactical jet pilot with around 1600hrs TT. Both will take around 12-15 years or so from the completion of college. You could always combine the two via the ANG and drop that number to 6-8 years post college.