View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 08:53 PM
tnkrdrvr
Occasional box hauler

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Mudhen2000 View Post
I understand the importance of meeting a recruiter in person. However, I am deploying right up until my terminal retirement date and the UPS internal recommendation process is very in-depth for one to write and submit. Four people going through that process should weigh a lot IMO. I was just wondering if people get hired without going? Also, this year was out of the ordinary with all of the fairs being on the west coast, which defiantly costs more than $200 when you throw on airfare, hotel, meals, etc...

If a career fair attendance is what proves interest, then i will attend the March WIAI. Thank you for the insight. WIAI in March is the next one and with deploying that puts me at my availability date. Would love another way to prove my desire for the job. Just want a chance to get my application and resume looked at. Thank you.
Mudhen,

I definitely sympathize with you on the cost of doing the job fair. Not everyone who is hired (at least in my new hire class) attends one. If you haven’t heard from the company by February, I would spend the money for the fair. Also, make sure you are applying to all the legacies, SW, and FedEx. HR can be fickle, but it’s a good bet at least one other company will call. More options are always better.