Thread: New hire info
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 04:40 AM
Approach1260
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I wouldn't want it to sound like I'm trashing Cadet programs. I never used one so I couldn't tell you the first thing about it. What I can tell however is that throughout the history of the regional airlines the "best" regional to work for changes with the seasons.

Overall, I'm happy at PSA. I kind of took a chance when I was hired. The company people that talked at my Indoc seemed sincere and wanted to make good changes. It got a little dark for a while and new communicative Union leadership along with some substantial changes made the whole thing worthwhile.

Could that change ? Probably, but I hope not. All that said, I wouldn't lock myself into anything personally in regards to a Cadet deal.

You sound like you have a decent plan. Make a few more decent plans. When the time comes make the best decision for you is and don't look back.
For what it's worth Cadet programs are pretty harmless up until you take the companies money and are committed. Unfortunately no one can tell you whether taking that money is a good or bad move since you're the only one who knows your circumstances.

PSA and the other AA wholly owneds are being pulled along by a bungie cord. We all of a sudden get yanked up to where we should be, then we gradually fall back behind the rest of the industry only to get yanked back up again out of nowhere.