Thread: Qol @ f9
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 09:40 AM
WhiteMorpheus
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Necro...
Originally Posted by TooMuchTime View Post
We've kept the great flexibility that we had. Some pilots have spoken with legacy carrier crews while jumpseating and report that there are aspects of our rules that they wish they had, like the ability to swap and drop trips based on open trips in the pot, i.e. without regards to reserve staffing. Three days out, it changes to drops based on reserve staffing withing the morning/afternoon/evening windows, so if the first method didn't work, with a little planning you can still get it done as you get close in to the trip date. I don't think I've had a trip drop that I wanted and wasn't able to do under the new CBA.

Relief lines under the new rules are a bit worse than before because line holders get to bid again after monthly open time before relief lines are built, but there's still the huge flexibility with the open time rules.

Reserve rules are much better than before. Reserves can now add trips on days off, and have a chance at breaking guarantee without flying on days off due to better rigs. In addition to the regular reserve lines like before, we have lines that enable you to get 20 days off in a row over the bid transition, at the cost of being on reserve for 20 days straight before and after that (scheduling has to give you at least 30 hours rest in domicile every 168 hours). That's not my bag but it's an option if you need it.
I understand the reserves at NK took a hit on QOL with their rules under PBS. Are these provisions likely to stay equitable when you move to PBS? What are your rules on reserve day swaps/drops?

Is the PBS transition happening through a completely different negotiation and will you get to vote on a PBS agreement?

Are your rigs dependent on the switch to PBS, like NK's, or did they already take effect?

Thanks in advance, just trying to figure out if Frontier is a good fit.