View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 10:05 AM
Mattio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by hyperboy View Post
You get to bid in seniority order now SCR or LCR. You will also eventually be able to bid premium open time pick ups based on your seniority.
I'm aware that you can bid for LCR but what I was saying is that I put some thinking into whether SCR could be good for local pilots (like bidding it instead of a line). I don't think LCR is inherently "better" than SCR. There are lots of factors involved. Couple big ones are that LCR has 1 less day off, probably gets a lot of assignments because they get the Next Day Assignments first, they can still be converted to short call (with limitations). I feel like SCR pilots are more likely to have control over whether they are seeing early mornings or late nights whereas LCR could end up all over the place. I think LCR is a non-starter for me. I'll still keep an eye on how SCR goes. Even with the reserve balancing rule, it won't work quite the same as before for SCR because open time doesn't affect the SCR grid now. For example, when the storm causes a bunch of trips to drop in, that won't make the grid go further into the red. Only when short call reserves actually get assigned to those trips will the SCR grid be affected.