View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 09:51 AM
CALPilotToo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by OscartheGrouch View Post
CPT,

The "key" is to medical out "whenever" you can? I am just a former Marine and not the sharpest tool in the shed so please enlighten me as to what that statement meant. "Take" the LTD (vs. legitimately receive) and don't go "out of the way" screaming for waivers or "anything" else? Semantics aside, I feel your implications where less than above board. I have flown with some (thankfully there are not too many here at SWA) who have some sense of entitlement and frankly after listening to their rant I feel like pouring some fuel on myself and lighting a match (from Airplane). Statements such as "I am not leaving here with any sick leave because I have a military medical plan" and "I keep my sick leave balance at zero because I know our PMA (pilot mutual aid) will pitch in and get me through the six months till LTD kicks in" come to mind. There have been a few who have accomplished the task of getting on LTD I feel undeservedly and when their name comes up in a conversation everyone rolls their eyes because they were such crappy employees we are almost just glad to be rid of them. All I can say is someone who is commiting fraud deserves to be found out and utilmately be prosecuted.

Ultimately one must be able to live with themself when they make decisions that negatively impact others. The problem is our society has so distorted the difference between right and wrong that is far to easy for some to be comfortable with themselves when they are scam artists.
I am not the morality police but those that are dishonest will eventually get what they deserve regardless of whether they "think" they got away with something. Someone has to pay for dishonesty and fraud.
Again, I didin't state anything involving fraud. Clearly you are one to judge. Be careful as that might actually require your soul to be judged one day. Get off your high horse.