View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 05:15 PM
FedEx_or_Bust
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Default Dear Fed Ex Sirs...

Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice. I'm currently at a regional airline. I have my mind set on flying for Fed Ex some day (just something about the orange and purple color scheme really does it for me.)

But every time I mention to a fellow pilot that I have my eyes set on Fed Ex, I hear the same comments over and over:

"Good luck."
"Don't hold your breath."
"You have to be military."
"You have to have flown with at least 3 fed ex pilots who will recommend you."
"Oh really, who do you 'KNOW' at Fed Ex?"

My first career was working in the business side of Hollywood where primary importance and advancement opportunities were based on WHO you know. Who is sleeping with who, and blah blah blah. I got tired of it after a couple years and decided to become a pilot. Hahaha, I guess in some respects the business' of movies and airlines parallel each other closely.

So here I am, asking you gentlemen for a little advice. I'm starting from zero with no connections whatsoever, but I refuse to believe what everyone else tells me...that it's impossible. I'm not looking for a free ticket or an easy ride. I'll work my ass off and do whatever it takes to earn my chance. But where do I start? What can I do to put myself on the radar?

Sincere Thanks

G